- Newest Addition to the SUV Line up for the Honda Line up in this Region.
- Elegant and Glamorous SUV with a 1.5 Litre Turbo Charged Engine and Honda Sensing Standard on both Grades.
- Sleek Exterior Design
- Spacious Interiors
- Advanced Tech Features such as 9” Display Audio and a 10.2 full color digital driver information interface, Plasma Cluster ION Air Purification system and Wireless Charger as standard
- 12 Speaker Bose CenterPoint Surround Sound System
- Wireless Apple CarPlay across all Grades
- 8 Airbags Standard
- Advanced Safety Features such as 360 Multi View Camera, Seatbelt Reminder System and Rear Seat Occupant Reminder.
- The ZR-V comes in 7 Exterior Colors and 2 Distinct Colors in Fabric and Leather.
2023: Honda Motor Co. (Middle East and Africa) launches the All New ZR-V across the region today. The Fun Five-Seater SUV is the latest addition to the Honda Line Up in the Region. The ZR-V was developed as a model which combines ‘practicality’ the core value of an SUV and ‘reliability’ based on the latest safety features and passive safety. The Honda ZR-V is the true embodiment of luxury and convenience with sleek exterior styling, leather seats in the top grade, 60:40 fold down seats, advanced safety and technologies such as Honda Sensing standard on all grades as well a host of many other features. With a 1.5 Litre Turbocharged Engine generating 180hp and 240Nm of Torque, the All-New Honda ZR-V is engineered for instantaneous response. The ZR-V is truly an eye-catching SUV with a presence that captivates.
The exterior design of the ZR-V features flowing proportions characterized by large, smooth surfaces that flow from front to rear. The design of the front-fascia features a vertical grille, and sharp-looking, wide-set headlights that flow horizontally. These features create a highly sophisticated expression, yet with stature and a strong presence. In the rear of ZR-V, the sculpted hatch and standard tailgate spoiler highlight ZR-V’s sporty proportions, and the outer edge of the taillights have been shaped to improve aerodynamics. The ZR-V is also flanked by dual exhaust with chrome finishers (only in EX) giving it a sportier feel. Some of the other salient features of the ZR-V include:
- Full LED Lighting: The Honda ZR-V features full auto LED Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights on both grades. The EX-Grade adds more value with the active cornering light with adaptive driving beam headlights.
- Front Grille Design and Fascia: A strong grille design is the center piece of the attention-grabbing ZR-V. The front fascia is highlighted with gentle vertical lines and angular headlights. The LX grade has a Matte Finish Grille, whereas the EX has a piano black finish.
- LED Taillights: The Full LED Taillights in the Honda ZR-V mimic the shape of the headlights giving it a sleek appearance. Built in fog light assists other drivers on the road during poor visibility conditions.
- 18” Alloy Wheels: Both grades feature 18” Alloy Wheels that perfectly fit into the frame of the glamourous ZR-V
- Hands Free Power Tailgate: Whether you’re driving the kids to school or shuttling to the shops, the new ZR-V comes packed with practical features designed to get you from A to B, fuss-free: a Hands-free Power Tailgate makes shopping loading a breeze and the Walk Away Close Feature allows the tailgate to close automatically when it detects the remote fob is 1.5 meters away from your ZR-V.
Other noteworthy features Auto Rain Sensing Wipers, Rear and Front Parking Sensors, Power Folding Mirrors, Smart Entry with Touch Sensor and Walk-Away Auto Lock® is standard in all grades.
Premium Interior Styling:
ZR-V’s clean and sporty interior is a fresh take on Honda's new 'simplicity and something' design direction introduced with the 2022 Civic, which has been designed with minimum cutlines to reduce windshield reflections and visual distractions. A striking metal honeycomb mesh accent stretches from door to door across the dash. The cabin layout uses soft touch materials and pays close attention to the layout of the display audio, buttons and the click dials of the air conditioning. In the ZR-V, LX grade is equipped with embossed grandrelle fabric whereas the EX grade, comes in leather.
- 9” Full Color Display Audio: Standard on the ZR-V is the 9-inch color Display Audio which is equipped with wireless Apple CarPlay® and wired Android Auto™ integration.
- Wireless Charger: A Qi-compatible wireless charger for easier smartphone charging on the go is available on both grades of the ZR-V.
- 10.2'' Full Digital Driver information interface screen: A 10.2” multi-information display in line of sight of the driver features clean and easy-to-read graphics. The design features a large tachometer and other important information for the driver such as:
- Honda Sensing ADAS detection graphics
- Drive Modes
- Fuel Economy
- Driver Attention Monitor
- Steering Wheel Controls: The Steering wheel of the ZR-V is equipped with a multitude of controls and functions. The left-hand side controls the audio, Bluetooth and voice recognition, whilst the righthand side controls all the functions relating to Honda Sensing. Metal Paddle shifters to control the CVT transmission in the manual mode are also equipped.
- Front and Rear USB Ports: The All-New ZR-V features front USB standard for charging and for smart phone interface. The rear USB charging ports are now the new C-Type charging ports for your smartphone charge top up while travelling. (EX Grade only)
- Speaker System: While the LX Grade comes equipped with 8 Speakers, for the first time in Honda the ZR-V EX Grade features a 12 speaker Bose CenterPoint Surround Audio system, giving each occupant a concert hall like sound feel.
Like you, the new ZR-V is ready for more, designed with Honda’s human-centric philosophy in mind, The ZR-V comes packed with more standard features than ever. The All New ZR-V considers the comfort of the passengers with little details that puts them at ease for everyday life. The features include:
- Electronic Parking Brake with Brake Hold: The Honda ZR-V features an electric parking brake. Easy and convenient to use, with added feature of brake hold during stop start in heavy traffic.
- Auto Folding Door Mirrors: Lock/unlock your ZR-V and the mirrors fold/unfold automatically with the operation of the key fob.
- Rear A/C vents: The rear passengers can enjoy additional comfort with rear a/c vents which helps them to sit back and enjoy the ride in Honda ZR-V.
- 60:40 Combination Seats: The ZR-V’s most unique feature is the rear 60:40 seats which in a single motion converts the modular interior into space for a surfboard or even a bike.
- Driver Attention Monitor: The Driver Attention Monitor continually monitors and assesses driver behavior behind the wheel to help determine if the driver is becoming inattentive – and then if so, encourages the driver to take a break. The driver is alerted by 4-level bar graph that is displayed on the TFT meter.
- Rain Sensing Wipers: With a few drops of rain, the auto wipers kick into action, while you concentrate on the road ahead.
Performance and Driving Dynamics
The All-New Honda ZR-V is engineered for instantaneous response with a turbo charged 1.5L i-VTEC DOHC engine that delivers 180hp@6000 rpm and a torque of 240Nm @ 1700-4500 rpm. Whether you’re accelerating from standstill or passing at speed, the turbocharged engine delivers a forceful response. It's mated to a new automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) that is tuned for a more natural response with early downshifts during braking for more fun feel. F1 inspired metal paddle shifters urge you to take manual control of the transmission, if you really want to have fun shift to the Sport mode, the meter changes to red and open that throttle.
ZR-V EX grades features driver-selectable drive modes. Using the toggle switch located in the center console, the driver can choose between three different drive modes to fine-tune the driving experience depending on conditions:
- NORMAL Mode: As the name suggests, all parameters are tuned to provide a balance between performance and fuel efficiency
- SPORT Mode: Sport mode is more focused on delivering higher performance by faster throttle response and selecting a lower ratio of the CVT transmission.
- ECON Mode: Econ mode prioritizes fuel economy by fine tuning the throttle control and CVT drive ratios.
Chassis and Handling:
The vehicles chassis and suspension are like the wings on an airplane, if the design is poor, they will not provide enough lift. If the chassis is not rigid or the suspension is simple and functional, it will have poor dynamics and uncomfortable for the occupants. Honda engineers have used extensive “hot stamp” and ultra-high strength steel, with multilink rear suspension comfort and handling.
- Rear Suspension: Designed to work independently to each wheel, it provides superior handling compared to rigid torsion beam type. Mounted to the rear subframe which isolates road inputs for more supple and comfort.
- Dual Pinion Steering: The steering pinion and electric motor are mounted on separate points, this layout provides excellent road feel and precise steering during high speed
Advanced Safety with Honda Sensing TM
Honda ZR-V is equipped with Honda SensingTM suite of active safety and driver assistive technologies that uses a new single-camera system which detects a wider view of the road ahead for enhanced recognition capability. Combined with software advances and a new, more powerful processor, the system is also capable of more quickly and accurately identifying other vehicles and make driving both easier and safer. This is available in both grades.
The features include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): Designed to detect and alert the driver of a potential collision. It also reduces vehicle speed to minimize impact if a collision becomes unavoidable. CMBS function now detects oncoming vehicles when turning, bicycles crossing the street, pedestrians with no streetlight and motorcycles.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), and Low Speed Following allows the driver to set a desired speed and following distance from a vehicle detected ahead, allowing the ZR-V to adjust its speed automatically for a safe and comfortable journey. The LSF function can bring the vehicle to a complete stop.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Helps to keep vehicle in the middle of a detected lane, preventing it from accidentally drifting out of its lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): Alerts driver when it detects the vehicle may have unintentionally deviated from its lane or is suddenly leaving the roadway altogether.
- Lane Departure Warning: If the car moves out of its lane without you activating the indicator, visual alerts will flash with an audible sound, to help the driver to correct the lane drift.
- Blind Spot Information System (Not Available in UAE): The BSI system assures you that every time you change lanes, it is safe to do so by providing visual and audible warning if a vehicle is detected in your blind spot.
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor (Not Available in UAE): Whether reversing out of a parking space or a busy street, the ZR-V has sensors located near the rear corners of the car which can detect approaching vehicles from either side in parking lots, driveways, or streets. A visual and audible warning is displayed on the display audio and even shows the direction of the vehicle so that you can reverse with confidence.
Other Safety Features
Continuing Honda’s' longstanding tradition of advancing safety performance, the Honda ZR-V introduces multiple new active and passive safety systems. Some of the additional safety systems include:
- ACE™ Body Structure: The Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure in the Honda ZR-V has been enhanced for even better compatibility with larger vehicles with improved occupant protection in angled frontal collisions, with a new upper A-pillar structure, side frame and lower firewall structure, all designed to route crash energy around the cabin.
- 360 Multi View Camera: The 360 multi angle rear view camera helps you chose the angles while backing up the ZR-V for reverse parking.
- Active Cornering Lights: Directional headlights that respond to steering, illuminating the road ahead as you enter a corner.
- 8 Airbags as standard: The ZR-V is fitted with 8 Airbags to ensure maximum occupant protection and safety. These include Front Airbags, Side Airbags, Side Curtain Airbags and Front Knee Airbags
- Rear Seat Occupant Reminder: Rear Seat Occupant reminders system that you check the rear seat area, when the ignition is turned off
- Seatbelt Reminder System: Ensuring all occupants are belted up, a visual display is shown in the binnacle
- Hill Descent Control: Automatically controls the speed between 0-20 kmph when descending hills.
- Vehicle Stability AssistTM (VSA®) with Traction Control: During an oversteer or understeer condition, VSA can brake individual wheels and/or reduce engine power to help restore your intended course.
- Auto High Beam (AHB): Automatically changes the low beam headlights to high beam when necessary.
Color Availability and Grades
The All-New Honda ZR-V comes in two grades (LX and EX) for the GCC and Jordan market.
- Premium Crystal Garnet Metallic (New)
- Nordic Forest Pearl (New)
- Platinum White Pearl
- Super Platinum Gray Metallic (New)
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Platinum Crystal Blue Metallic(New)
- Midnight Blue Beam Pearl (New)
- Black and Grayge Fabric in LX
- Maroon (New) and Grayge Leather in EX